One little hint about using yardage for a charm pack pattern is how many 5" squares can you get from a yard of fabric -
1/4 yard = 8 squares 1 fat quarter = 12 squares 1/2 yard = 24 squares 3/4 yard = 40 squares 1 yard = 56 squares I thought I would go one more step and add the yardage guide for strips. I always find this information helpful when trying to decide how much fabric to purchase.
Sabotaged is the 5th and final book in the Alaskan Courage series by Dani Pettrey. Having read the previous books, it was good to see the McKenna family back on the adventure trail.
The Iditarod race is an annual dog sled race. When Kirra Jacobs uncle and cousin go missing, the adventure begins. The McKenna siblings join forces to find the missing musher and his daughter. Kirra must slay her own giants as she seeks out who is involved. Although this is a good Christian fiction book, it was my least favorite in the series. The mystery was entertaining, yet I felt that there were times when the story line dragged. I did love the ending, as we glimpse into the future lives of the McKenna family.
I would love to read anything else that Dani Pettrey writes as I think she has a way of breathing life into her characters.
I was sent a copy of this book by Bethany House for my honest review.
This is the time of year for delicious blueberries and tangy lemons. Somewhere, I found this recipe online, and I'm sorry that I did not note the author. But blueberries were in my fridge and lemons were hanging on our tree. Time to try this recipe.
Lemon Blueberry Loaf
1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
2 tsp lemon rind
1 cup full fat plain yogurt OR sour cream
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen
1. Stir together first 4 dry ingredients.
2. In a large mixing bowl, bet together eggs, vanilla, lemon rind, sour cream and oil.
3. Add dry mixture and mix just until dry ingredients are well incorporated. Don't over mix.
4. Gently stir in blueberries. (I coated mine with a little bit of flour so they would bake evenly in the loaf.
5. Pour batter into well greased and floured loaf pan. Bake in 350 degree oven for 50-55 minutes (test doneness with toothpick)
6. Once baked allow to rest in pan for 10 minutes then remove to cooling rack.
1/3 cup sugar
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1. Heat together until sugar is dissolved.
2. Poke warm Lemon Blueberry loaf with small fork and brush lemon syrup over loaf. Allow to cool completely.
1 cup powdered sugar
2-3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
1. Stir together and drizzle over cooled loaf. Allow to set.
Please not use any written content or personal photos from this blog without my written permission. The content on these pages (text and images), are the sole property of the author, and may not be reproduced in any manner without consent. ALL RIGHTS RESERVED Copyright 2009-2015 Happy Cottage Quilter
Thank you for stopping by! Your visits and comments are always welcomed and appreciated. Happy Quilting!