Tuesday, April 2, 2024

Hello April!!

 Spring. Don't you just love it?  With spring comes flowers. 

This is the first year my amaryllis bloomed. It is one tough survivor as it was walked on, stomped on with workers all over the yard. But it looks so pretty.

My African Iris that I brought over from our old house.

It has done really well for 14 years.


My knock out roses have bloomed and bloomed and bloomed.


And finally my Yellow Elder, which exploded with color. Two of my sweet grandchildren stood in front of the tree.

No quilting today, but I hope you have a Happy Quilting day.


3 comments:

dgs said...

Wow, your yard is certainly providing beautiful color. Lucky you. Interesting to see how big your Yellow Elder with your sweet grandchildren in front. All so lovely. I'm not sewing today, but I am cutting fabric for quilts for a great nephew and great niece.

Helenchaffin said...

I don't think I've seen a pink amaryllis,it's beautiful! I have them in deep reds, the knockout roses fo really well for me so I'm hoping to plant more this Spring

Elaine Adair said...

I sort of enjoy the "mystery" of figuring out these calculations - nice to find others might like that part of quilting. LOVE all the beautiful flower photos - there is hope yet for our blah landscape. No green yet.