Saturday, May 2, 2009

Scrappy cards #2

After I have pressed my shapes onto the pieced fabric and cut them out, I then audition which color card stock I will use. You can use a premade blank card, available at craft stores and Walmart, or you can use regular card stock. I happen to have pre cut cardstock which I bought at Hollo's Stationery store in Ohio.




It is really fun to move the shapes around and see what they look like with a different colored background.


Again, following HeatnBond instructions, remove the paper piece on the back of your fabric shape.



 Position your shape onto the cardstock.
Be sure to cover your fabric shape with a pressing cloth. Here I am using a synthetic type cloth that is used for applique.
Press with a dry iron according to the HeatnBond instructions.








Now for a finishing touch, I take my Perma Pen and draw little dash marks to resemble stitching.


Your fabric card is now ready.


Here are a couple of fabric cards I have made.

And a sampling of the Christmas cards I sent last year. I made over 40 cards that were mailed all across the US and also Australia.

I hope this has been as much fun for you as it has been for me. I'd love to hear any comments you may have.

16 comments:

Sunshine said...

Very neat process - thanks for sharing!

Cheers, Christine

Crispy said...

Those are really really cute cards Jocelyn!! I think I will do this process for all the cards that I send to my granddaughter, it will make each one special.

Crispy

Sara said...

Love the cards, isn't Hollow's a wonderful store! You can find everything there!

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

This is a wonderful tutorial and great use of the fabric scraps I can't part with. I think I will make some Mother's Day Cards tomorrow.

imquilternity said...

Very clever idea! I know I have more than enough scraps to do this project. One more to add to my "to do" list! :)) THANKS for sharing!

marlene@ByTheSeam said...

I agree with Mary, great cards and they will be nice for a Mother's day card, think I will make one too.

Tammy said...

Very pretty! Thanks for sharing.

Jenny of Elefantz said...

That's so sweet!! What a clever idea. Love them!

Micki said...

Thanks for sharing..It is a great technique!
Micki

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Great tutorial, I have that on my list to make some cards. Only with fabric, I can't start another hobby with all the stamping.
Thanks for sharing,
Keep Stitchen'
Bonnie

Gina E. said...

What a super idea! Thank you for the excellent tutorial!

Wendy said...

what a terrific project! Thank you so very much for sharing this .... I'm going to have to try it now :)

deb said...

Love the fabric cards - I'll have to give that a try.
Thanks so much for posting the detailed instructions.

Sharlotte said...

These are so, so cute! Great idea!
Sharlotte

Darlene's Dabbles said...

I'm sure glad I followed the threads that got me to your posts on cardmaking. I am a quilter/cardmaker and I love this design idea. Thanks so much

GunnyMom said...

Your 'scrappy idea' have given me some new ideas for my scraps. This will solve a problem of finding the perfect fabric prints to decorate pillows. I will use my Sizzix (birds) die and my favorite fabric scraps and put birds on pillows for my living room.