Saturday, May 9, 2009

One more time.....

Do you think you can stand one more post about my trip?? We had a lot of fun finding these little towns and cute shops. Here we stopped and went through an old Ice House. They had a lot of very interesting things set up in the rooms where ice used to be stored.

Believe it or not, we are not in Ohio or Pennsylvania but in Georgia!

This storefront was actually an antique shop, but I loved the old painted sign on their front window. Can you just go back and think about when folks bought groceries from the local store downtown?? I am sure they had a soda fountain at that time. Probably fabric dry goods too.









We ended up at the Peach Antique Mall one day. It was another place with rows and rows of booths. I found this beautiful milk pitcher. I don't think it is very old, but I just loved the spray of roses as they cascade down the pitcher.

In one very tiny booth, my daughter found these very cute depression glass snack sets.



We just couldn't imagine not going home with these. Now with all of these lovely glass pieces, I think it is time to have another tea party. Won't you join me??

10 comments:

Kim said...

Happy Saturday Jocelyn..

You sure are right about that lovely new china pitcher you found on your trip. It's just beautiful and I do love it. The pattern looks very similar to the patterns on one of my small teapots (shown on my sidebar). Not quite the same but very close. What a wonderful find for you to add to your collection of pretty china.

Hope you have a fabulous weekend and that you will join me again this week for "Teacup Tuesday".

Take care...

Kim

blushing rose said...

I can stand it, Jocelyn. You have a real knack for pic taking ... AND, finding antique morsels. When's the party? I'll bring the chocolate ... chuckle! Happy M-day.
TTFN ~ Marydon

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

Let me know what time the tea is ready! I hope you have a place to store your lovely finds.

Sara said...

Oh, love the tea set! What great finds!

Unknown said...

With a post containing as fun pictures as these, I can definitely stand that. It sounds like a super fun trip!

L. jane E. said...

Okay that last comment was supposed to be from me, but I didn't realize I was signed in under husbands account oops.

Molly said...

You found some really nice things and sounds like you had a good time doing it! Thanks for taking the time to leave a comment on my blog--Happy Mother's Day!

Unknown said...

Did you go to a Paula Deen restaurant? Isn't she in the Augusta area though? I love people who write about lovely trips....it's always good for future reference of places to travel.
We loved Georgia....all those boats sitting in the pampas grass awaiting the tides...

Micki said...

I love your tea set and it looks like you had a wonderful trip in Georgia!Happy Mother's Day!
Micki

Crispy said...

Nope not the least bit tired of your vacation. I wish someone in my family loved doing this sort of stuff....well my niece does but with a new baby and an almost 2yo, it's hard for her to get away.

Love the milk pitcher....I love pitchers.

Crispy