Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Another Teacup Tuesday

I wanted to share about a very special teacup today.

Isn't it lovely?? It is a Fine Bone China teacup, made in England with Shelley for the marking. It is the softest shade of green with little petite roses on the inside.

This teacup is actually one of my newest in my collection. Would you like to know why this particular teacup is so very special to me??

Not only is it very fine delicate china, decorated with the prettiest little roses. This sweet little teacup was given to me by my dear sweet husband. He traveled to Louisiana last week on a business trip. He found a little antique shop and bought this beautiful teacup for me. He hand carried back on the plane (telling his co-worker that under no conditions was he to lose this teacup). I was so very surprised when he handed me a little bag when he returned home. As I was unwrapping the bubble wrap, I could tell this was a cup and saucer. He kept such a straight face as this little beauty was unveiled.

Yep, I've told you before, he's a keeper!

9 comments:

Katie said...

Oh what a sweetheart he is! That cup is gorgeous! I love when they have a band of soft color don't you?

Happy Teacup Tuesday!

Karissa said...

What a lovely teacup!

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I haven't used the Connecting Threads Mama's Cottons yet, but I am in l-o-v-e with the colors, and the fabrics are very soft, too. If you're thinking about ordering some, I'd say go ahead!

Crispy said...

Can you hear the loud collective AWWWWW coming from blogland???? He is a keeper!!!! How sweet!!!

Crispy

Amy Friend said...

Awww, that really was sweet of him and he did a great job getting it home in one piece while travelling. It's very pretty.

Micki said...

The teacup is lovely! It is so pretty!
Micki

blushing rose said...

Delicate & adorable ... oh! yes, hubby, too.
TTFN ~ Marydon

Kim said...

What a gorgeous teacup. I love the soft shade of green and the pretty rose pattern. I've never seen one with that particular pattern before. Tell that hubby of yours that he has excellent taste in pretty china. I couldn't have picked out anything better myself.

Thanks for joining me on Teacup Tuesday. Hope to see you again next week.

Kim

Nanette said...

Oh that's sweet. Your teacup is just beautiful!
Valerie

Kim said...

How lovely.....I do enjoy a loving husband story.
Mine is wonderful too, and I count my blessings everyday for him.
thank you for your encouragement on my brand new blog :0)
Happy Sewing,
Kim