Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Teacups for Tuesday

Once again I am joining Kim for her Teacup Tuesday. Wow what a wonderful variety of teacups have been shown. Please be sure to check out the other Teacups that are being offered today.

My teacup today is called Royal Patrician.

Fine bone English china with very sweet delicate pansies.


Just had to take a solo picture of the saucer. It is so beautifully decorated.

A very sweet friend came to stay with me a few years ago. She brought me this lovely teacup which had been purchased in Amish Country. I love the delicacy of the flowers. And of course the flower overflowing inside the cup invites you to take a sip of Earl Grey, or English Breakfast tea.

My favorite flavor of tea is Mango. But if you are ever in the Toledo Ohio area, you must stop by Clara J's Tea Room and order their Neapolitan tea. It is more of a dessert tea, but oh my!! is it ever delicious. Clara J's is located in Maumee. Her web site is www.clarajsat219.com.

One other thing that is great about Clara J's. There is a Quilt shop right across the street!!! Now what could be better then that?

12 comments:

cottonreel said...

Hi I,m cottonreel, I love bone china .You have a real beauty there

~ Phyllis ~ said...

Lovley teacup.
Clara J's sounds like lovely place to vist.

Val said...

Wow. Love the teacup! It is beautiful but I would really like to visit with Clara J's and stop by the little quilt shop.

Crispy said...

Oooo very pretty cup and the saucer is so pretty you almost don't want to put the cup down. Earl Grey and English Breakfast are the two teas I always have in the cupboard.

Crispy

Katie said...

Happy Teacup Tuesday - everyone! Come on over to my blog to enter to win one of my Katie's Paper "China" Teacups with Tea Rose! Drawing is Friday!

Love this cup, oh my goodness, the blue/lavender hues of the pansies are just beautiful!

andsewon said...

Oh what a really lovely cup!! I have not seen one like this before!! Love pansies here we keep them out all winter.
Oh my my tea room and quilt shop close together...heaven!

My tea cup post is up now.. just had wrong time set for auto post!Silly me!

Micki said...

It's a lovely teacup, and I love mango tea too.
Micki

Kim said...

What a gorgeous teacup. The flowers and the colors are amazing. Earl Grey is my favorite tea, but I also love mango as well as Rose Petal tea.

Thanks for sharing your lovely teacup. Hope you will have another one to show next week!!

Take care and enjoy the rest of your week.

Kim

Seams to Sew and Quilt said...

What a pretty tea cup, thanks for sharing.
Vera

Stephanie Newman said...

oooh, having a cup of tea with you right now! Your cup is very pretty. And can I just say the images below of the girls playing their strings on the beach below is lovely.
Found your blog after you visited mine!

Stitched With Prayer said...

The teacups are so lovely they just take my breath away. Thanks so much for sharing your pictures of them. I'm going to have to make a habit of stopping by each day, your blog is wonderful.

AverettLadyNana said...

That is such a beautiful teacup. I am such a sucker for pansies and teacups so the two together a huge hit with me.