Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Flea Market pattern



 Several years ago, my sister in love finished two Flea Market Fancy quilts. We found this scrappy pattern on crazy mom quilts blog site Crazy Mom Quilts. I love Amanda Jean's quilts. She is so creative and always has an interesting blog. Plue she has lots of great patterns and tutorials posted.  I read her posts every day.

Look at how pretty my SIL's pink quilt turned out!



















I made the blocks and they sat in my ufo pile for a long time.  But I finally got around to putting it together and finished for my niece.


I decided not to add the sashing, and sewed all the blocks together.  


I like how it turned out.  And so did my niece :-)

Happy Quilting!

13 comments:

Rebecca said...

I call my SIL "sister-in-heart"

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

Of course your niece loved it. What's not to love?

What a cute quilt! Love those pretty pinks.

sunny said...

Very nice! What size are your blocks? I could make something like this with my leftover random pinks!

Terry said...

They're both so pretty...but I like yours without the sashing better. :0)

Heather said...

both of the are lovely. It's a treat to see the same blocks handled in different fashions. Thanks for sharing both.

Tanna said...

I'm with your niece! It is beautiful. And, I love the "bread" in your last post. Amen. blessing ~ tanna

evelyn said...

I love the way that both quilts turned out. What a versatile pattern.

Carol said...

I like how it turned out too. Sometimes I just want to do without sashing as well and it looks pretty good. The other version made by your SIL looks great too.

margaret said...

very nice like you I rather like it without the sashing.

QuiltSue said...

Soft, feminine, summer are all the words that it immediately made me think of. It's beautiful.

Sharon said...

So nice! I love pink & white.

Barb Oaker said...

Your quilt turned out so sweet!! I know this pattern as the Framed Square and I use it often for quilts for charities because it works up so well and looks good no matter what style of fabric is use.

legato1958 said...

It's so beautiful! I love Paris Flea Market, and have been hoarding a my stash of it for something special, too.

Susie