Monday, October 20, 2014

It just takes one

Several years ago I taught my BFF how to quilt.  She had been down to Florida and was only stopping by my house for a day or two.  But we managed to get the basics down and she has been a fantastic quilter ever since.  

But you know the really best part about teaching someone how to quilt, is when that person passes it on to yet someone else.  And that is exactly what happened.  My friend taught a friend of hers and, as the saying goes, the beat goes on.

Except to say that these ladies have far exceeded my ability.  I have always been a simple quilter.  I like to make traditional style quilts in basic patterns.  But get a glimpse at what the next generation has already produced.


Now I want you to know that this lady, Michelle, designed and appliqued this quilt for my friend.  Each branch of the tree bears the names of my friends children and grandchildren.  This is by a lady who has only been quilting for 2 or 3 years!  

So get busy people, and pass on your gifts.  It's amazing to see where the pathway will end up.

Happy Quilting!

10 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

Wow what a great quilt.

andsewon said...

Wonderful!

Susan Lindquist said...

so beautiful! love those soft colors!

Val's Quilting Studio said...

What a wonderful compliment and love that you passes on the love of quilting!!

Susan said...

So impressive--she had a very good teacher, XOXO

MarveLes Art Studios said...

Well Said! And Amen. What a blessing to see the fruit of the seed you planted in this quilt!! Gorgeous!

Allie said...

Well just look what you started, lol!!! That's a gorgeous quilt, well done. And it's all your fault, Jocelyn!!!

Denise :) said...

Wow -- what a beautiful piece of art! :)

margaret said...

what a lovely quilt to make for her friend, can see the teaching skills have worked well

Tanna said...

amen, amen and amen... pass the gifts!! They keep on giving! blessings ~ tanna