Thursday, December 18, 2014

Last minute gifts




There are so many wonderful tutorials out there in blog land. If you have one that you enjoy, I'd love to hear about it.

But for today, grab your cuppa of coffee or hot tea and visit these interesting and informative blogs.

As always we love to read Karen's very creative Tool Time Tuesday.  Check out her repurposed gift tags. I just might have to get one of those big round punches.

A while back Sew Prim Khris did a very cute tutorial on making a Needlecase. What a great gift idea for a hand quilter.

This is one of my all time favorite Travel-sized Tissue Cozy patterns. Last year I made a ton of these. Kim shared her easy tutorial on "an oft traveled road".

I have all the fabric ready and waiting for this pattern by Tea Rose Home. It is a Modern Square Garden quilt.

Who couldn't use another purse in your choice of color. Bola Chica offered a tutorial on a very cute Pleated Purse. You could certainly make one for every outfit. And who wouldn't love and use this adorableFriendship bag courtesy of "p.s. I Quilt"?

Have you got a little buddy to make a gift for? How about this TOO cuteSoftie doll from "60piggies".

And for all my tea loving friends, a Tea Wallet Tutorial (Is It Naptime Yet?). Perfect to stick in someone's stocking this year.

Sigh...... zippers............. Noodlehead shares a tutorial on a sweet Lil Cutie Pouch. Make them by the dozens. For teachers and friends. And add a Notebook Cover from "My Patchwork".

And how about this adorable Rudolph Bag from Clover and Violet.

You can also check out my tutorial for making pillowcases listed on my sidebar.

I've got dozens and dozens of these tutorials bookmarked on my computer. But my purpose today was to give you one post that you can bookmark and go back to visit whenever you need a quick little gift.

Go forth and SEW :-)

4 comments:

Scrappy quilter said...

I will have to take some time over the next couple of days and look these up. Thank you for doing this.

SewCalGal said...

Thank you for sharing. I'm always looking for ideas for handmade gifts, especially fast and easy ones.

I hope you and your family have a very Merry Christmas and a Happy and Healthy New Year.

....heading off to check out all the fun tutorials and project ideas you shared. :)

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

gailss said...

Love these great little gifty and tips....thanks so much.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Khris, from Sew Prim Khris, has actually visited me, while on one of her US trips. She's fun, as is her hubby, Glenn.