Friday, March 25, 2016

Journal Cover

I used to journal all the time. But in recent years, it has fallen off, mostly due to time constraints and perhaps lack of interest. My son and DIL gave me a book to use for journaling, so I thought I would make a cover.

I cheated a little bit by using pre-quilted fabric I had among my stash.

I also found a suitable coordinating fabric to use for the inside.

It was easy to turn down flaps, and sew the ends.
 Good fit!
 And wha-la! The finished journal cover :-)
Using the pre-quilted fabric made this a snap, but I think I'll quilt my own next time.

Happy Quilting!

5 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Pre quilted fabrics are great!

Needled Mom said...

It looks nice and will be great for your writings again.

Christine Slaughter said...

Sometimes it's really satisfying to finish a project quickly! Stopping by from the Can I Get a Whoop Whoop link up!

margaret said...

pretty fabric, now to write your journal, have to own up to never having kept one but Mum wrote her diary daily and my sister still keeps one, mine would be very boring!

Motherdragon's Musings said...

Lovely cover you made.
The sample you shared is great. May I ask the name of the journal, please?