Friday, July 29, 2016

What to do with the Leftovers

Leftovers. We all have them. Whether it's meatloaf or lace trims, there's always the dilemma of what to do with them.  When my boys were still living at home, we never had to worry about leftovers. The fridge was constantly raided, sometimes in the middle of the night. And then there were days when I would send leftovers for my hubby's lunch.

But today I want to talk about fabric leftovers. We call them scraps. And I'm sure we have all made some sort of scrappy quilts using the remnants of fabric that clog up our ever growing scrap baskets.

I recently decided that I needed a runner for my dining room table. After digging around in my stash I found these strips of batik that came from another project.

The colors are cool and could be used for any season. And this pattern makes up quickly.

Perfect for this time of year.

It sure makes for Happy Quilting!


14 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Quick table toppers are an excellent way to use up scraps and leftover bits, orphan blocks make good bases for them too. I often say that the scraps cost the same as the yardage did, so use them up.

Julierose said...

Lovely table runner...great use for scraps...hugs, Julierose

Loris said...

Lovely! I try to do something with my leftovers too. Sometimes it's easier than others :-)

Alison V. said...

This looks awesome!

Quilting Babcia said...

A sweet, easy finish. Great use for those smallish strips.

Susan said...

oh do I have leftovers from all the aprons I've done! Great project to use them up, XOXO

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I just used some of my leftovers to make a backing for a quilt. Nice to have them gone, and, have them turn into something pretty.

Barb said...

Wonderful leftovers.....

Paige said...

What a great combination of leftovers!

Allie-oops Designs said...

That turned out beautifully!! I save my scraps for applique - they sure do come in handy!

margaret said...

a great way to use your scraps, I too have many and one day will make another scrap quilt, my granddaughter seems to like the one made for her

Tangos Treasures said...

WOW it looks great!!!

Dresden Quilter said...

It is beautiful. Those are the nicest leftovers I have ever seen.

Days and colors said...

Scraps always look good! And you can make so many beautiful things with them, your table runner is a wonderful example!