Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Spicing up the porch

Summer seems to have flown by, making way for the colors of fall. Bringing autumn colors indoors gives my home the touch of color we don't experience here in Florida.

Outside isn't nearly as rewarding. Lacking the reds, golds, and browns of nature, it becomes a bit more of a challenge. Recently I came across an outdoor pillow that would grace the bench that sits by our front door. But really, it needed something.

Digging around in my stash, I knew I had fabric that screamed fall.

Taking this slice of fabric, I sewed seams and wrapped it around the pillow.

Humm, what next? Not enough fabric to make a bow, so a piece of brown batik would have to suffice.

Now let's see what we need next.

 
Potted plants?
My daughter made this amazing Harvest sign.
Okay looking better.

Happy Fall Ya'll!

4 comments:

QuiltShopGal said...

Very inviting front porch, absolutely perfect for Fall. Well done. #CreativeGoodness

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

Quilting Babcia said...

Perfect!

margaret said...

a welcoming porch you have created here

Lori Smanski said...

i like what you did to your porch. Especially the pillow. Great idea. I just saw a plain brown pillow I could use like this. Thanks for sharing your idea.