Friday, March 24, 2017

SOS

Two weeks of company left little time for quilting. The pink quilt needed to be finished as it was a gift for a friend's little girl. The pressure was on. Time was running out.  And low and behold, a new dilemma comes into play.

They had another baby girl! Like two weeks ago!!

With the clock running, I examined the WIP that were just waiting for backing and quilting. Nothing worked. I dug out a quilt I had made last year. But it was blue, and it really didn't look like a baby quilt.

Looking at the fabric I had left from the pink quilt, I thought, maybe, I could put together a simple quilt. Just 6" blocks, on the diagonal. 

I cut everything out, and started sewing. From the start I decided to just turn part of the backing forward and make that the binding.

BUT I still didn't have binding for the pink quilt. Okay, let's see if there's enough fabric to bring it forward.

YES! Just enough.

So my mad dash to finish TWO quilts ended at 1:14 AM this morning. Still need to trim the threads, but they will be delivered right on time!!


Whew! I hope you have a happy quilting weekend!

6 comments:

Tanna said...

YES, you get a WHOOP WHOOP! Beautiful work, you speed queen! Amazing. blessings ~ tanna

claudia said...

WOW! Impressive! You are the second of my online blogger friends who spent the night up late finishing stuff!
The quilts are so pretty. I love that tone of pinks.

NanaNor's said...

Beautiful quilt that will be cherished. One of my granddaughter's recently told me she only has one quilt I made and would like another. She's turning 7 and is a bohemian, so it will be interesting to figure out the fabrics she likes. Thanks for sharing.
Hugs, Noreen

Joyful Quilter said...

They are both very cute. Congrats on the 11th hour finish.

margaret said...

2 quilts going to homes where they will be well loved and treasured you certainly got the second one done in record time well done

Robby said...

Love that there are now two lovely quilts that "go together" even if they aren't the same. Perfect for two young girls.