Wednesday, December 8, 2021

The gift of Friendship

 

Have you ever wondered why friendship is such a special gift? When I was in high school, I was a new girl and didn't know anybody. A girl, Dorothy, came along side of me and welcomed me. She exhibited the true spirit of friendship.

Friendship is about trust. I've known people who act friendly but in the end they were not a "true" friend. They mostly wanted to see what they could get from you. These were the energy takers. A "true" friend is an energy giver. My late mother in law always said if you want a friend you must show yourself friendly.

"A genuine friendship is a heavenly present. It blesses our hearts because God's love is in it."  Evelyn McCurdy

If you see someone who needs a friend, why don't you make the effort and invite them into your life. You will never regret it.

1 comments:

Darlene S said...

What a wonderful post and so very true. True friendship is to be nurtured and treasured. BTW - Every morning I use the coffee theme mug rug you made for me many years ago. I treasure it, as well as our friendship. I just wish we lived closer and could enjoy coffee, or tea, even lunch and quilting time together.