Friday, January 21, 2022

Shadows of Swanford Abbey

 


Shadows of Swanford Abbey by Julie Klassen is historical fiction filled with a flair of an Agatha Christie mystery. 

Set in the regency era, Rebecca Lane is to deliver her brothers manuscript to Swanford Abbey. She runs into Sir Frederick, the local magistrate, and their friendship is rekindled. Swanford Abbey is clothed in mystery, as a tragedy surrounds the many characters in this play. A murder, which takes place about half way through the book, is a mystery, which kept me guessing until the murderer is revealed.

The book is long and there seems to be a lot of descriptions and repeated explanations. But it is a clean novel and would be a great interest for those who enjoy regency era mysteries. 

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from Bethany House. All views expressed are my honest opinion.

1 comments:

Darlene S said...

Sounds like a fun read. I've added it to my "to read" list. Thank you.