Thursday, February 2, 2023

Charity quilts

 After evaluating fabric for donations, my quilting buddies and I decided that we would make some quilts to take to the nursing home/memory care facility. We got together and put our heads together to decide which patterns would work for those ambulatory and those with memory issues.

Here are a few that we made....



This is the one that I made

We've got about 20 more to go :-)

                                      Sew and Tell

                                      Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?

                                      Finished or not Friday

                                      Peacock Party

4 comments:

dgs said...

Wow, these charity quilts are awesome, and what fun to create with friends. I'm sure whoever receives these quilts will love the comfort and loving hugs they provide.

Mary McG said...

Jocelyn, those are just beautiful--and what a great idea for stash-using :-) My guild makes those for the local youth home, but I have also thought about making those on my own or with a few friends for memory care units. Such a thoughtful and comforting gift!

Mary in Kansas

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I knew you'd find a good use for those fabrics. Nice quilts.

carol l mckenna said...

Absolutely beautiful quilts and such talented and lovely hand work ~

Wishing you good health, laughter and love in your days,
A ShutterBug Explores,
aka (A Creative Harbor)