
"Bob Newhart, The Life and Laughter of an American Treasure" by Michael Seth Starr is an informative book about the life of Bob Newhart.
I remember both series, The Bob Newhart Show and Newhart, were very entertaining. Starr takes it further in researching how Newhart started in show business. In 60 years Newhart was a recording artist, television celebrity and in movies. While also touring the country making appearances in nightclubs, colleges and Las Vegas. Newhart had a formative career, playing the straight man and getting laughs from his pauses in conversations. He could hold a moment and make you laugh just from his facial expressions.
The book is a comprehensive overview of a successful life long career. The book is well worth reading. Especially if you were a fan of Newhart, who passed away in 2024 at the age of 95. Leaving a legacy of stand up comedy.
I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from Net Galley and the publisher. All views expressed are my honest opinion.

0 comments:
Post a Comment