Friday, May 18, 2012

Bloggers Quilt Festival

Every Spring and Fall Amy's Creative Side hosts a Bloggers Quilt Festival. I've been privileged to participate in each Festival that she has hosted. As a simple, traditional quilter, I enjoy making quilts for friends for special events in their lives. So is the case of this quilt.

This pattern was found in the Nov/Dec 2010 issue of Quiltmaker magazine. It's called Anita's Arrowhead.

It was a fun quilt to make and stretched me in learning to work with bias strips.

My daughters very dear friend had a baby girl and this quilt was perfect for little Heidi.

If you are a new visitor to my blog, thanks so much for stopping by. Please be sure to come back on Monday for the SewMamaSew Giveaway Day!

Happy Quilting!!

23 comments:

Clara {Clover and Violet} said...

Hi, I have been a follower for quilt some time, I love your quilt!!

Unknown said...

Aw, how sweet. Your quilt is very lovely, perfect for a little girl.

Cyndi said...

Aw Jocelyn, that little quilt is so pretty...I'm sure Heidi and her mom were thrilled with it!

XOXO,

Cyndi

Barbara said...

Beautiful! Thanks for sharing.

Dirt Road Quilter said...

You chose such pretty colors to showcase that fun pattern! I remember that pattern and bookmarked it to make one day. The list is long! Isn't it fun welcoming new ones into the world with a cuddly quilt? Yours will be treasured!

Linda said...

Sooooo pretty!!!!!!

Thelma said...

Very sweet, perfect for a baby girl!

Talin's Corner said...

That quilt is perfect for a baby girl.

Snoodles said...

Beautiful quilt - I'm sure it will be cherished!

CitricSugar said...

This is so pretty. The block pattern is lovely with the fabrics you chose.

Mom said...

I love modern twists on traditional patterns!

Margaret
http://quiltsoflove.blogspot.com/

Anonymous said...

I have this pattern marked for someday. I remember you making a different one...right? Great pattern and quilt.

Barbara said...

That is juat lovely. I like that block.

Allie said...

That is a gorgeous quilt Jocelyn! I can't believe this is the first year I'm not joining in Amy's festival....ah well, I get to spend more time looking, lol!

Teresa F. said...

Lovely quilt. Love the pinks. Thanks for sharing.

Sarcastic Quilter said...

This is such a pretty little quilt. Perfect for a new baby girl.

straythreads said...

Love the colors so sweet
Ann

Janet said...

Very nice! I have a pink quilt on my mind and I've seen several lovely ones - including yours - in the show.

QuiltSue said...

That is so pretty, lovely soft colours.

Eileen said...

little girlie is getting an absolutely beautiful quilt! love that block and your choice of fabrics is perfect. thanks for sharing and have a great day

Quiltbenaco said...

E' molto carino!
Ciao

Martine Kuciel said...

j'aime beaucoup la douceur des couleurs

Robin said...

Pretty in pink! Such a sweet quilt. Thanks so much for sharing. :)