Friday, October 28, 2016

Another finish

Years ago, someone gave me this floral fabric.

It was not what I usually would buy for myself, so it sat in my stash for a while. At first I thought I would make something for the lady who gave me the fabric, but as time went on, and so did she, it never happened.

Eventually I found the black on black to compliment the floral and the project started.

My plan is to gift this to a Vietnamese couple that attends my church.  He is undergoing chemo for liver cancer. They have difficulty with the language, but aren't quilts are a universal language?



10 comments:

Sandra said...

I think that the quilt will make a wonderful gift. So generous of you. Prayers for the couple and hope for the Cancer to be gone. Yes, quilts are a universal language.

Quilting Babcia said...

That is a lovely quilt, and you're absolutely right, quilts speak a universal language of love.

Gypsy Quilter said...

What a wonderful, thoughtful gift.

evelyn said...

It is beautiful, I am sure that they will love it.

Myra @ Busy Hands Quilts said...

It's a beautiful quilt, sure to be enjoyed by them in their need. Thanks for linking to Finished or Not Friday.

margaret said...

I am sure they will be touched by this gift the black woorks so well with the floral fabric

Motherdragon's Musings said...

Such a beautiful gift. They will feel the love in every stitch.

Heide said...

What a wonderful gift, I am sure the couple will love it. It turned out beautiful!

TheEclecticAbuela said...

Very beautiful quilt for a good cause.

Kalicocreations said...

Your quilt turned out beautifully, I think the couple will be thrilled to receive it.
Terry