Thursday, April 20, 2017

How could I resist?

Yes, I had put myself on a moratorium on buying new fabric.

And Yes, I had purposed to use up the fabric in my stash.

And YES, my goal this year was to finish the UFO's that are still hanging in my closet!

BUT...
how can one resist, when the sale price says 70% off, PLUS an additional 20%!

I've made several quilts for children, and my pink stash was sorely lacking. When I spied these  beauties at JoAnn's,


at that amazing discount price (less than $2.00 a yard), all my restraints gave way.  Although these prints were not in the Easter selection...


...they were still on sale. It became apparently clear that this collection of fabric would make perfect quilts for a friend's two little girls.

Progress will be forthcoming :-)

Happy Quilting!


11 comments:

Julierose said...

No way you could resist that sale!!lol--Prettiest fabrics--perfect for children--hugs and pat yourself on your back Julierose

Barbara said...

Well, obviously, you can't resist. That would be just *crazy*. I'm surprised you didn't use that money you saved to buy more. In fact, if you bought enough fabric you'd save so much money they'd have to open up the cash registers and start giving you money back.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I too am swooning at the sight of such pretty fabrics. I heartedly support your purchase! Such lovely bloom in your area; we are warming but still grey I am afraid. Soon though.

QuiltShopGal said...

What a deal and so very pretty. You can't pass up such an opportunity. Enjoy.

QuiltShopGal
www.quiltshopgal.com

Barb said...

Who could resist. I was spoiled living in San Antonio where JoAnn's was just a few minutes away....I long for those days.

Allie-oops Designs said...

Oh no you can't resist that - especially those birds, how darling!!!!

margaret said...

I would not have resisted either cannot believe fabric can have such reductions wish we had your shop over here.

Lady Linda said...

Oh I do know what you mean...who could resist the treasures that came home with you??? Glad you caved. You will put these all to good use. Just returned from a quilt retreat...so fun.

Jen said...

You couldn't go past those fabrics so pretty and a bargain. Will make into beautiful quilts.

Elaine Adair said...

Oh dear, I am envious of the fabric bargain! And it's pretty on top of the bargain price. 8-))
ElaineAdairpieces.blogspot.com

gailss said...

Only need to stick to resolve when it is at full price....sale fabrics don't count! ;))