Monday, May 22, 2017

Re-post

I'm re-posting this quilt because I loved the way it turned out. The pattern is "Just Can't Cut It" and it works so beautifully when you have fabric that is showcase worthy.
                                               ---------------------------------------

I've always been a simple quilter.  I like the order of straight lines.  I also like to show off the beauty of fabric.


I fell in love with the focal fabric and pulled out the colors that surrounded the paisley print.



The colors are not true in these pictures, but I do think this is one of the prettiest quilts that I've made. The pattern?  Just Can't Cut It.

A lot of my machine quilting is done with my walking foot.  I find I can manage my quilt with the walking foot.  With a little bit of free motion on the borders.


Just enough to add interest to the borders :-)

Happy Quilting

5 comments:

Barbara said...

I have a beautiful large scale fabric that would be pretty in this quilt. Now you've inspired me to use it. Had it in my stash for years, and it's too pretty to cut into little pieces.

A Colorful World said...

It's lovely! Beautiful colors and pattern.

margaret said...

lovely liking that you walking foot in the main quilt and FMQ in the borders sounds a good idea to me as I too struggle with FMQ and think I will try this too

Allie-oops Designs said...

I can see why you just can't cut it, lol - that's beautiful! What a great idea for those wonderful prints you don't want to cut into.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

It is very pretty! I also like simple quilts. =)