Friday, January 26, 2018

Trying something new

So in all the years I have been quilting, I've always wanted to take a knitting class. Just to expand my horizons, you see.  A couple of weeks ago, I took a beginner knitting class with two other ladies. Our teacher said we did so well, we signed up for the advanced class!

It was a bit challenging, but we learned a few different things, mostly how to read a pattern.

Here is Laura working on her stitches.

And Kate picked out the prettiest color.

Our teacher's name was Jan and she was great! Very helpful and able to explain technique and stitches. PLUS she was very patient.

Here's my attempt at working on the shawl.

How about you? Have you stretched your wings and tried something new lately?

5 comments:

Quilting Babcia said...

Your first effort is looking mighty good! My aunt taught me some basic knitting when I was 8 or 9 years old, and it was fun, but I haven't done any knitting since the quilting bug took hold. Have fun with your new endeavor!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I tried crochet last year. I couldn't get the hang of it, no matter how much I practiced. I did recover 2 chairs this week.

Quiltermary said...

Hurray for a quilter who knits!!

Jackie's Stitches said...

You're so right! Reading the pattern was the hardest part for me as a beginner knitter. You'll be knitting socks in no time!

Allie-oops Designs said...

How awesome is that!! I've always wanted to take a knitting class - I taught myself everything else, but I'm not a very good knitter, and I'd love to make socks. Maybe someday when I can afford GOOD yarn, lol!