Friday, July 13, 2018

The Hope of Azure Springs


Wow, wow, wow! From the opening pages to the end, I was totally caught up with this new novel by Rachel Fordham. The Hope of Azure Springs was masterfully crafted, bringing to life the struggles and loves of a young orphan girl.

Em and her sister Lucy ride the orphan train, seeking a better life after they are left homeless in the big city. But they become separated in different towns. After Em's guardian is shot and killed, her only hope is finding her sister.

Sheriff Caleb Reynolds takes it upon himself to solve the puzzle of Em. He is drawn to Em by his own insecurities. And the tender story envelopes the reader and touches your heart.

With the element of hardship that was common during the 1800's, Rachel Fordham, with her unique writing style, wove a compelling story that kept me turning pages. A beautiful story about a plain girl, rejected by many, finds friendship and love by her kindness and determination. A wonderful book I thoroughly enjoyed.  I would highly recommend it.

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from the publisher. All views expressed are my honest opinion.

0 comments: