Thursday, October 4, 2018

The Christmas Heirloom



The Christmas Heirloom is a collection of four novellas, each tying in with an antique heirloom brooch. I am familiar with each of these authors, and looked forward to reading their stories.

Starting back in the early 1800's, Kristi Ann Hunter wove a tale of how the brooch came into being. It was to be passed down to the next generation woman, with the legend that whoever owned the brooch, will find true love. Karen Witemeyer's story found the brooch in the late 1800's, far from where the brooch originated. From England to the deep south of Texas, the brooch brings a young widow a second chance at love. From there the story jumps to the back woods of West Virginia in the 1950's. I couldn't quite line up this part of the story with the rest of the novellas. While an interesting story in and of itself, it didn't really seem to fit into the flow of the gem being passed down. Becky Wade wraps up these stories with a delightful modern day conclusion. Finding love that has been right under your nose, is always a fun and captivating plot.  How two people dance around thoughts and feelings, wondering if they are mistaken, always makes for a good read. 

Each one of these authors has written in their individual style. Always interesting and intriguing. I often find new authors by reading novellas. But if you have never read any of their other full length novels, I would highly recommend that you do. You can check out my reviews at the top of my page and see some of their other titles.

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy from the publisher. All opinions are my own.

1 comments:

QuiltShopGal said...

I love reading a Christmas theme book during the holidays and novellas are also fun. Thanks for the review. I'll definitely check it out.