Monday, February 18, 2019

Sweet Children's Story

When I saw the title of this children's book, I immediately thought of my grandchildren. All children seem to want to defy sleep. There is just too much to learn to let sleep rob them of the excitement of the world around them. 

"Don't Close Your Eyes" by Bob Hostetler is a sweet children's bedtime story. Beautifully illustrated by Mark Chambers, the lyrical rhyme and adorable pictures are sure to keep a little ones interest. The pictures are so cute, they even make the adult laugh.

 Thinking of a child fighting the heaviness of sand in their eyes.
And the weight of slumber sprinkling over their eyelids reminded me so much of my own children when there was just too much to miss if they fell asleep. With animal friends going down for the night, children will enjoy the giggles as the silly animals drift to sleepy land.

A sturdy board book, sure to make reading it over and over without damage, a winner for parents, grandparents, baby sitters or anyone who loves to read to children. A delightful book that I would recommend.

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from the publisher. All views expressed are my honest opinion.

1 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Looks like a cute book. How do you get to sample children's books?