Wednesday, August 14, 2019

A Glitter of Gold



A Glitter of Gold is the latest novel by Liz Johnson. Having read many of her previous books, I was anxious to get my hands on this one. And she did not disappoint.

Anne Norris moved to Savannah, Georgia to start a new life, only wanting to live a life of anonymity. But after a hurricane pushes through Savannah, she discovers something on the beach. Something of worth. She cautiously approaches the museum curator, Carter Hale, with her find. Carter has possession of a diary that, if he can provide credibility, will be the answer to his dreams. And so the story brims with a most fascinating account of pirate life in the 1700's,

This story is about trust. Trust when trust has been violated. To the point of ruining Anne's life. Can love, finding forgiveness and accepting grace change all of that? I think there is a powerful message here.

Just like Liz Johnson's other novels, I was totally captivated by this story. She has a way of weaving faith, love, and mystery to bring you to a satisfying conclusion. Definitely a five star for me.

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from the publisher. All views expressed are my honest opinion.

0 comments: