Thursday, March 4, 2021

Blueberry Lemon Loaf

 


This is the time of year for delicious blueberries and tangy lemons.  Somewhere, I found this recipe online, and I'm sorry that I did not note the author.  But blueberries were in my fridge and lemons were hanging on our tree.  Time to try this recipe.

Lemon Blueberry Loaf

1 1/2 cups flour
1 cup sugar
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1 tsp vanilla
3 eggs
2 tsp lemon rind
1 cup full fat plain yogurt OR sour cream
1/2 cup vegetable oil
1 1/2 cups blueberries, fresh or frozen

1.  Stir together first 4 dry ingredients.
2.  In a large mixing bowl, bet together eggs, vanilla, lemon rind, sour cream and oil.
3.  Add dry mixture and mix just until dry ingredients are well incorporated.  Don't over mix.
4.  Gently stir in blueberries.  (I coated mine with a little bit of flour so they would bake evenly in the loaf.
5.  Pour batter into well greased and floured loaf pan.  Bake in 350 degree oven for 50-55 minutes (test doneness with toothpick)
6.  Once baked allow to rest in pan for 10 minutes then remove to cooling rack.

Lemon syrup:
1/3 cup sugar
2 Tbsp fresh lemon juice

1.  Heat together until sugar is dissolved.
2.  Poke warm Lemon Blueberry loaf with small fork and brush lemon syrup over loaf.  Allow to cool completely.

Glaze:
1 cup powdered sugar
2-3 Tbsp fresh lemon juice

1.  Stir together and drizzle over cooled loaf.  Allow to set.

This is a great combination. Enjoy!

2 comments:

Darlene S said...

What a beautiful loaf of blueberry bread. Your recipe sounds absolutely yummy. Thank you for sharing. I'm looking forward to making it.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

That looks yummy. I can't eat things like that right now. It's way off my diet. Hopefully one day I can start introducing things back into my diet.