Wednesday, May 11, 2011

100 more Blocks

Yesterday I received this in the mail -

When the Quiltmaker Blog started their 100 Block tour, I posted their button and let them know that the dates listed were from last year. They thanked me by sending me this issue of 100 Blocks Vol 3!! Woo-hoo, how very exciting. There are so many wonderful blocks made by some very talented designers.

Have you ever made a quilt from a block design in one of their magazines? Last year I made a couple of blocks from this edition of Quiltmaker -

and ended up making this quilt.

I really like how the quilting turned out. I started this as a baby gift, but only recently finished the quilting.

I love to do geometric patterns, and on this one I added the vine with daisies around the sashing and borders. Now I just have to finish up the binding and maybe this baby gift will be sent before the baby turns one!!

Have a Happy Quilting day!

12 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Love the little quilt you made!!

Val said...

Oh you sound so much like me! I have the best intentions. Of course you do a lot better work than me. I am not that good. But it just seems like I want to get something done and then before I know the deadline is passed by. I absolutely love that quilt!

Anonymous said...

Your little quilt is adorable. :-)

Quiet Quilter said...

Such a nice quilt..really like the design and soft colors...

Crispy said...

What a sweet little quilt!! It was really wonderful that they sent your a complimentary issue of the magazine....a great company!!

Crispy

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Cute quilt! I like blocks on point.

Impera Magna said...

Love the vine and flowers touch... perfect with the geometric quilting... darling quilt!

Cathy said...

Congrats on the magazine. I won a copy during the blog but haven't received mine yet. Love your quilt.

Barb said...

What a lovely quilt and lucky for you....you have a good eye....

Heather said...

I made a ;quilt from the first 100 blocks mag. I really must quilt it as I love how it turned out.

Rosa said...

what abeautiful quilt.I also like geometrics patterns.

Allie said...

How lovely that they sent you that! I love the baby quilt you made, the quilting is too darling. Love that pattern, too!