Monday, May 2, 2011

Pins, pins, pins

The very first time I ever went to a National Quilt show I saw a smallish quilt made up to hold Commemorative pins.

I thought it was such a cool idea to have a quilt to display pins from various Quilt shows.


I never got around to making a small quilt for this purpose, mostly because I did not have many pins.

But after we moved last year, I found several pins that were attached to the name badge holders from various Quilt shows.

One of my quilting buddies gave me these cute little quilt sayings which I thought would make a great little quilt.

And so here they are. On display. The start of my collection :-)

I don't know if I will ever fill it up, but at least they have a nice place to light!

Happy Quilting!

8 comments:

Crispy said...

What a cute idea!! Sure wish I have been to that many quilt shows :0)

Crispy

Impera Magna said...

What a great idea to display your quilt show pins... I love it!

grandmarockton said...

VERY NICE!

Barb said...

What a clever thing to do.....will be awesome to see if you can fill it up.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Sew cute!

Allie said...

Sweet idea - just think of the fun you'll have collecting those pins!

Carrie P. said...

Fun! I thought about collecting pins when I went to shows but wasn't sure how I would display them. Great idea.

SewCalGal said...

Excellent idea. Great fun.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com