Tuesday, May 10, 2011

A quilt of many colors, and two winners!

I loved seeing so many of the patterns made up in different color ways when we went through the Quilt in a Day store in Paducah.

For example, the pattern How Charming -

Or this pattern from the Through the Seasons book -


Here is a collection of Day and Night -

I've only seen the Barn Quilt made up in bright colors, but the one displayed had more muted tones.

Do you like to see patterns made up differently then what appears on the cover? Does it spark your creativity???

Thanks to each one of your who entered the Paducah giveaway. This is the first time that I have had TWO international winners!

The winner of the Lattice Work pattern and two yards of fabric is Rosa from Spain.

And the winner of the Folk Arts Quilts is Gill from the UK.

Congratulations to the winners! I've sent them an email, and will be sending their prizes as soon as I receive their mailing addresses.

Let's keep those needles going up and down. Happy Quilting!

13 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

Congrats to both winners! The look of a quilt can change so much just by changing the colorway - thanks for sharing the photos.

Barb said...

Congrats to the winners and I do love the quilts in the store. It is amazing how each quilter brought their personality to the quilts.

Crispy said...

It really is interesting to see quilts in different fabrics. It's also a great marketing tool as not all fabrics appeal to everyone. For example, I would not have even looked twice at the ones done in pastels but found the darker ones more appealing.

Crispy

Rosa said...

Wow,I win!!it`s so wonderful !!.I`m very happy!!Thanks,thanks so much Jocelyn!!

It`s really amazing to see how quilts can change in different fabrics.

Happy quilting and big hugs.

Gill said...

Thanks Jocelyn and congratulations to Rosa as well!

Sweet Cottage Dreams said...

Hi Jocelyn! First of all, congrats to the girls who won! LUCKY girls! Man! Lucky YOU for getting to go to Paducah! I love all of your photos - thanks for sharing with us. How fun that must have been.

xxoo
Becky

PS: Thank you for you kind comment...and for your heart and friendship. *muah*

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I love to see quilts in different colorways. It makes it much easier for me to pick my own colors that way.

A Colorful World said...

I agree...it's always amazing to see all the different looks people can come up with using the same pattern but different fabrics and different inspiration. These are a nice collection of different quilt views. Glad you got to Paducah...what fun!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for sharing those quilts in different color palettes...I really find that inspiring, and it makes me think of the pattern more, not just the fabrics one particular quilter chose. Really interesting! Thanks for letting those of us who couldn't go, have a glimpse of the fun!
Jacque in SC
quiltnsrep(at)yahoo(dot)com

Allie said...

I love seeing quilts made up in different colorways, it gives me more ideas. Boy those are pretty. Congrats to the winners!

Unknown said...

Beautiful Quilts! Thanks for sharing. :)

Congratulations to Rosa and Gill!! :)

QuiltSue said...

Isn't it fascinatin how different quilts look when made up in different fabrics.

Shelley said...

I love the quilt on the table. Do you know the name of the pattern? Again, lovely quilts today :) I needed it this morning to take my mind off of my horrible day yesterday.