Friday, April 5, 2013

Serve in Your Own Backyard

Thank you!  Thank you for all the kind and sweet comments left on Wednesday.  It was so wonderful to have so many of you leave birthday greetings.  You all are such sweet blogging friends.

After reading The Giving Quilt, I've been doing a little evaluating of the amount of fabric I have, sitting in my stash, doing absolutely nothing.  This morning We All Sew published a very good article about finding places to donate handmade items.  In the past I've sent quilts to Japan, Joplin, and under the covering of Operation Homefront Quilts, to the family members of those who gave their life during the recent war.  

So it seems to me that we all can look around and find places in our own backyard that have just as great a need.  Whether it is Project Linus or the local Childrens hospital.  Check out the article by We All Sew.

If you have not already signed up for a copy of The Giving Quilt, please take a moment to read my review and leave a comment on Monday's post.  You can find it HERE.

Happy Quilting!


2 comments:

Crispy said...

It's wonderful how generous quilters are. I have found that our local food bank has a barrel to donate hats, mittens and warm winter wear during the winter months. They all go so quickly!!

Crispy

Allie said...

I'll have to go check out the post. There's always a need for quilts, and quilters are the most generous people I know!