Thursday, May 26, 2016

Wrestling Prayer

A couple of years ago, I came upon this book in my daughters room. The title was intriguing, so I picked it up and started reading. I was riveted.

I had never heard of these authors before, but apparently they have written several books, together and separately, and all I can say is WOW!!! This book impacted me as no other has since reading "Knowing God" by J.I. Packer 25 years ago.
 
A quote from the back cover -

"Do you long to pray more effectively? Are you ready to pray with real power and experience real results? Powerful prayer leads to powerful living. "

Does that capture your attention??

"Wrestling Prayer is the key that unlocks the supernatural strength that moves mountains and calms storms. It can radically transform your life and unleash God's power in ways beyond what you can even imagine."

Eric and Leslie Ludy have a contemporary writing style, and at first I was not quite prepared for their easy going manuscript. However, this young couple opened my eyes to the power and magnitude that powerful prayer can unleash. They share about the Mighties of scripture and how God used these men and women and desires to work through you and me in the same ways.

Here is an excerpt -

"There is a vast shortage of believers who simply believe with childlike faith that God even desires to build such super heroes in our modern day. We have far more faith in the power of the enemy to defeat us then we do in the power of our God to deliver us, change us, empower us, and demonstrate His mighty nature in and through us."

I was overwhelmed with the account of David and the faith that brought him through his trials, sorrows, victory and miracles.

"Seek to know your King in such a way - to lean your head upon His chest, to know His most intimate thoughts. For this is where the Mighties are made."

"To pray is the ultimate wisdom - the highest act, the most brilliant behavior, the most perfect expenditure of the human life."

"Effectual, fervent prayer is how God changes this world and bestows upon it the beauty, grace, and power that HE purchased at the cross."

This book is powerful, not a formula for prayer, but a testimony of God's power and His desire for us to know Him.

You can find it on Amazon. 
 
 Disclaimer: Neither the publisher nor the author paid me for this review. All opinions are mine alone.

6 comments:

Jeanna said...

Thank you for the review. I believe I was led to this post this morning for a reason. Enjoy your day!

Quilting Babcia said...

I'll just echo Jeanna's thoughts. Thank you!

Kathy ... aka Nana said...

thanks for sharing this!

allthingzsewn said...

God is bringing his people back to a personal relationship with him. That is possible through Accepting Christ as their Savior, reading the Living Word, BELIEVING ALL it and Praying accordingly and Acting upon what we are told. I'm amazed at the number of people that sit in church every Sunday and never read God's word for themselves. We have people in our SS class that never read the lesson book, but they are there every Sunday. I have been there and done that in my early years but my desire to know him better got me past that point. Praise God that he never gives up on us, but he won't force his way in. I pelieve in ALL of his promises, and they aren't all good.

margaret said...

sounds like this is worth spending some time reading will be checking it out thanks for sharing

Ranch Wife said...

Thank you for what looks like a wonderful recommendation! I've added this to the top of my 'must read' list.