Friday, June 22, 2018

What I am reading


There aren't many books I've read where I didn't figure out the plot or who the bad guys were. But Justice Betrayed by Patricia Bradley broke my record.

It's Elvis week in Memphis. A week that brings an array of fans from all over. Detective Rachel Sloan gets caught up in a murder investigation that could be linked to the death of her mother seventeen years ago. Even though her death had been ruled a burglary gone bad. Will Rachel become another victim? Lt. Boone Callahan is Rachel's boss. Yet the sparks start flying when Rachel is assigned to Boone's homicide department.Will they rekindle their relationship?

Great story. Even though I am not an Elvis fan, this story line was not about that. It was about the people who were bonded together. Were they friends? Lovers? Or psychopaths? This story was a great mystery with the hint of a romantic twist. Both characters harbor deep hurts, broken relationships and some guilt from the past. Patricia Bradley wove much suspense into the plot of the story. With a surprise for the ending.

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from the publisher. All views expressed are my honest opinion.


1 comments:

andsewon said...

Will have to look for this one! Maybe kindle version.