Tuesday, January 29, 2019

Quilting on my DSM

I've always quilted on my DSM, mostly using straight line quilting. Even after taking a class on machine quilting, I never felt that I could move past geometric shapes.

But when I found Foolproof Machine Quilting by Mary Mashuta, I was able to step up my machine quilting.

Image result for mary machuta foolproof quilting 
Here are a couple of pictures of quilts inspired by her book.

 
If you ever want to move past straight lines, I would recommend her book.

4 comments:

FABBY'S LIVING said...


You were always such a talented quilter dear friend. I love quilts, I don't know how to do it, there is no classes here.
Have a great week.
Fabby

Elaine Adair said...

Oh gooooood for you - I learned MMQ'ing years ago from PatsyThompsonDesigns and purchased her DVDs. I swear, some of her skills were absorbed in my brain after many hours watching. The first time I practiced, I was shocked it actually could be done on a DSM. So glad to hear you forged ahead as well and found you CAN do it! I have not seen that book but have many others. Elaine Adair

Farm Quilter said...

I am in awe of anyone who can do any quilting on a DSM!! My efforts to do that are pitiful!! I'm so glad you have found a way to expand beyond straight lines...your quilting is looking great!!

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

I need to check out this book! Thanks for sharing about it. =)