Friday, May 17, 2019

A Prairie Journey

A few months back, I won this book form Kathleen Tracy.
A Prairie Journey has some really pretty quilts. As I was looking through it, I decided that I would make this one...
I always like to make scrappy type quilts. And this one was organized scrappy.

The one thing I did differently was, the original called for 1 1/2" x 2 1/2" pieces. I like to make my quilts a little bit bigger, so I cut the fabric 2 1/2 x 4 1/2. 


I have never been great with the math in these patterns, so I 'm not sure how big it will turn out, but I'm liking it so far. Many more rows to make :-)

So do you alter your patterns to different sizes? How does it turn out for you?
 
BTW, have you signed up for my giveaway? You can find it on Monday's post HERE.
Be sure to leave your email address if you are no reply blogger. You have until tomorrow to sign up!


3 comments:

Home Sewn By Us said...

Hi Jocelyn! I do occasionally change the size on patterns AND I skip the math portion so it ends up a surprise as far as the size. In theory, you block finishes at 2" by 4". You should be able to say 4" in width and you want it to be 40" so you need 10 columns. And 2" high and you want 60" so you'd need 30 rows. That sounds so easy, doesn't it. Yeah - that's why I enjoy a surprise. Happy Friday. ~smile~ Roseanne

Quilting Babcia said...

I tinker with patterns quite a bit, with varying results. Wish I was more artistically enabled.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I once turned a pattern for a 31" square quilt into a twin/full size quilt. I just kept adding pieces. I alter almost every pattern I work on. I jumbo sized a Bonnie Hunter block to 12" instead of 5".