Friday, July 5, 2019

Lost and found

When ever I am looking through my stash fabric, I always seem to uncover something that was made years ago.

So when I came across these two quilt blocks I had to go ahead and finish them for the 4th.



My daughter made one quilt block and I made the other. When putting them together there was a difference in size, even though they were made by the same pattern. So I washed the larger one, and trimmed to fit the border. Using different sewing machines apparently was the key.

Although the fabrics are dated, I think they fit right in for the 4th of July celebration.

3 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Now you have a family heirloom. The fabrics are great for that block.

Jocelyn is Canadian Needle Nana said...

I love when something has its turn to be "found". How appropriate and pretty.

Andree G. Faubert said...

Hi Jocelyn, I hope that you had a great 4th of July - it's a great little "found" quilt. Thanks so much for linking up to Free Motion Mavericks.