Friday, October 4, 2019

True blue Olfa

I'm a true blue Olfa girl. From cutters and mats and blades. Since the first one I bought back in the 80's, I have only used Olfa cutters and mats.

 
This one would be vintage now. But you know if you keep changing the blade, it still works!

Over the years I have found that my blades last longer when I use the sister mat.


One time I was cutting at a friends house, and used her mat, which was another brand. My blade dulled almost immediately. So I have stuck with Olfa mats, and I have several. Makes me happy!

Have you seen the Ruby Anniversary cutter?

 
I had to pick one up to add to my collection :-)

Happy Quilting!

4 comments:

Elaine Adair said...

Yes, I think that might be true - I really dislike any other mat and like you, always used OLFA. 8-))) Dad taught us kids to "use the best tools you can afford."

June's Jottings said...

Jocelyn, I too have the yellow Olfa cutter and their mat. Need to sharpen my blade though when I get back home, then it will be good to go again ready for my next project. Can't say I have seen the anniversary one though.

Farm Quilter said...

I just wish Olfa made their ergonomic cutters in the pretty colors. I have arthritis in my wrist, so using the cutters like yours really hurts! Love the colored rotary cutters!!!

FABBY'S LIVING said...


I love tools... for anything too ! This looks like an amazing little tool of yours. You don't need to change it while it works.
I'm sure you're making another gorgeous quilt by now. Wish I went to a quilt class. I made a little one for my eldest daughter bassinet, but never made one again.
Happy Fall and thanks for dropping by to visit.
Fabby