Tuesday, January 7, 2020

Antique Quilts

Don't you love the look and feel of antique quilts? They are from a time gone by, yet the stitches remind us of a shared love of quilting.

My sister in law is moving. And she has blessed me with a collection of antique quilts.



This one has ticking for the backing.



And this was the largest one. So pretty and well preserved. 

The only one that was signed.
My SIL also offered me her Quilt Display case.

She said they didn't go with the style of her new home.

Lucky me :-)

Happy Quilting!

7 comments:

Joyful Quilter said...

Beautiful quilts. Wonderful sister-in-law. Lucky you!

Quiltedchicken said...

Those are beautiful!

jan said...

Beautiful, what a treasure.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

Very lucky you!! Love the quilt display case!

cityquilter grace said...

gee if they didn't fit my style i'd surely have to change my style...you are lucky indeed!

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Wow! Glad those quilts didn't go with her new home. That Dresden Plate quilt is the same age as a sewing machine I got today (also a gift).

QuiltGram said...

I’m so happy for you. I would be on cloud 9 for weeks after receiving these beauties. And reading this it reminds me that I too have a wonderful sister in law. It is so kind and thoughtful for her to give you these treasures.