Friday, January 24, 2020

The Most Inspiring Quilter


Wanda Long of Franklin, Indiana, was the quilter all of us want to be when we grow up. At 88 years old, Wanda was happy to live alone, surrounded by her many quilts and getting out of the house often to volunteer at the food pantry. “My theory is everyone should have a hobby,” she said, “because one of these days you’re not going to be working and you need something to occupy your time.” Watch the video at the link below for your quilting inspiration.


https://youtu.be/Y8G8oEi3_CA

Wanda passed away in 2018 at the age of 91.

5 comments:

QuiltGram said...

This was so nice to watch. Thanks.

Podunk Pretties said...

Thanks for sharing this video. I was born and raised in franklin. Just moved out 10 years ago. Didn't go far just the next county over.

Carol- Beads and Birds said...

I totally agree with Wanda. I have watched both my MIL and SIL be so lonely when there husbands passed with nothing to focus on during the grieving periods. I never want to be that way.
xx, Carol

Barb said...

She is so right....what a wise woman. Thanks for the video

Rose said...

Thank you for that link...it was so good to watch. She reminded me of my mom in making quilts. And I came to this blog cause I am a quilter, too.