Thursday, July 9, 2020

A Reckless Love


A Reckless Love by Beth White is an exciting and inspirational historical romance, book 3 in the Daughtry House series. But you didn't have to read the first two to enjoy this story.

Being the "baby of the family" Aurora Daughtry, has a good business head at nineteen. She is determined and single focused. Especially when it comes to Federal Deputy Marshal Zane Sage.
Their interactions are at odds, he being a man of few words, and she doesn't have any trouble speaking her mind. I laughed out loud at some of the bantering. But I love how this romance played out.

There was some great  dialog.

"Miss Daughtry - " 
Oh, stop calling me that. If you're going to keep bossing me around like- like one of my brothers, then you might as well call me Pete like everybody else."
"But he couldn't call this vivid, sassy porcelain doll "Pete." 

"After a moment, she heard his step behind her. "You, Aurora Daughtry, are a manageing femaile."
She laughed. "I know. That makes me happy too.:

"I told you, she sent me. I think she trusts you. In fact. I'm sure of it. though I don't know why."
I imagine she's aware I'm scared to death of you."
Oh really?" She skipped a step, and Zane took the lamp from her.
Here, you're going to set us both on fire."
She sighed. "I'm pretty sure that's already happened."

Joelle swung her feet to the floor. "They don't mean  to be so stupid. They just can't help it. "She smiled. "You'll learn to overlook the stupidity and find the things he's good at."

A totally enjoyable read. Engaging and inspirational. A sweet clean romance. The times were full of hope and yet there was still turmoil in the deep south. I loved how Beth writes her characters with such depth of feelings. Zane is a wonderful hero, and Aurora is a delightful southern belle. Definitely a 5+

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book which I received from the publisher. All views expressed are my honest opinion.

0 comments: