Wednesday, November 8, 2023

Fancy Zipper pouch

 I was determined to try to make the fancy zipper pouch again. This time I used regular interfacing instead of fusible fleece. Which cut down on the bulk and was easier to sew. 

I did a contrasting fabric for the inside.
This bag turned out a little larger than I had planned, but it was just a sample to see how it would work using regular interfacing. I also serged the bag closed instead of raw edge or enclosed edges. Missouri Star had the best tutorial that I found on the web.

                                       Needle and  Thread Thursday  
                       
                                      Sew and Tell

                                      Can I Get a Whoop Whoop?

                                      Finished or not Friday

                                      Peacock Party


7 comments:

dgs said...

Beautiful.

Gwyned Trefethen said...

The bag looks great. The nice thing is a little larger or smaller doesn't make a difference. There is always a use for something like this.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

Lovely pouch, and I love the lace around the zip!

Melva said...

Good job! It can be so rewarding when you finally succeed after several less than perfect attempts. It is the only we grow and improve. Thanks for sharing in my Sew & Tell party.

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

Cute, and I always like the lacy zippers.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

That is so cute!

Marsha Cooper said...

I have yet to try putting a zipper in anything. Maybe one day I will get "brave"