Monday, November 13, 2023

Julia Monroe Begins Again

 

Julia Monroe Begins Again is a sweet story about forgiveness and second chances. Julia is a 40 year old widow with two teenage boys. When she runs into her ex who broke her heart 20 years ago, she has a hard time forgiving him. But her heart still zings when she is around Samuel, the former Green Beret. As Samuel tries to make amends in their relationship, things get sticky. But as Julia is around Samuel more, she sees how he has changed. 

There is a lot of heart break in this story but the characters are sincere and well written. Even Julia's mom and Samuel's dad, Teddy, express their rough grouchy sides with clear direction. And Julia faces each challenge with the help of God's direction 

This is Rebecca Millet's debut book. A Christian romantic comedy that intertwines finding forgiveness for yourself and the one who hurt you.  The dialogue was sweet, funny and well paced but also engaging. I really enjoyed this clean faith based story.

I voluntarily reviewed a complimentary copy of this book, which I received from Bethany House. All opinions expressed in this review are completely my own.

2 comments:

Maureen said...

Thank you for this review. I just put a copy of it on hold with our library. I’m 21st in line so I will patiently wait for my turn. Have a lovely day.

Helenchaffin said...

Sounds like a good interesting read