Monday, January 8, 2024

Happy machine

As we start a new year, it is very important to care for our machine. 

I have mentioned this before but thought it was worth a mention again. I bought this many years ago. It is so easy to use and clean out all the fuzz and dust that accumulates in the inner parts of my machine.

It attaches to  your vacuum cleaner and sucks out all the bad stuff. 


Take the throat plate out, remove the bobbin, bobbin case and hook race. Clean under the feed dogs and around the bobbin area with a small brush. Then vacuum out the accumulated lint.
Easy to follow directions. With different attachments to reach the unreachable places. 
I used it on my serger just to be sure as I know a lot of lint can build up. It is such a simple thing, but very worthwhile. And you might find your machine humming after a good clean.

Happy machine makes for a happy quilter!

1 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

I use a large makeup brush to dust the bobbin area each time I change the bobbin. I really need to do a good cleaning and oiling.