Monday, January 22, 2024

String Quilts


This one was made when we moved into our new house.

And then a couple of years later, I found my self with a lot of pink scraps.

It's kind of my favorite.

So I thought I would look to see if I had enough blue scraps to make a companion string quilt. I know there are lots of string quilt tutorials but I found the one that was free on Craftsy by Amy Gibson from her Block of the Month, to be the one that I liked the best.

Lots of different blue fabrics have gone into this little quilt.

My plan being a kind of a Where's Waldo" quilt.





Animals, trains, cars, basketball players, dinosaurs.... Hoping the little guy who gets it will be able to find the somewhat hidden pictures.

How about you? Have you ever made a string quilt before?

8 comments:

Helenchaffin said...

I luv the idea of string quilts in individual colors

Nann said...

Are you familiar with the HeartStrings Quilt Project? It's been around for going on 20 years -- now chatting on Groups.io In addition to making string blocks for group charity quilts there are many individual projects -- and so much inspiration! Always a new setting idea or colorway.

thatfabricfeeling.wordpress.com said...

I adore all things string!! Your quilts are awesome but especially your eye spy blue quilt. Way to go!

Elaine Adair said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE 'dem strings!!!!!

Linda said...

The blue string quilt is marvelous!

Gemini Jen NZ said...

I made that BOM quilt with Amy's class! I used all pinks and whites for that, so I love your pink string quilt too! And yes, last year I made a blue string quilt, with diamond pattern, to use up some scraps. You and I must be quilting twins ha ha! I still have about 30 pounds of scraps (from 15+ years of quilting) to use up...will be a slow, long-term process!

Deb said...

Love all those string quilts! They really use up the scraps and are fun to look at . The Where's Waldo I spy type one is very cute!

Zenia Rene said...

I have never met a string quilt that I didn't like and I'm luvin' the Where's Waldo-esque blue string quilt!