Wednesday, August 21, 2024

Are you creative?

 


I guess we all want to be creative in some way. Some people seem to have more talent and it just flows out of them. I read a blog post by Kathleen Tracey, Sentimental Quilter, that inspired me. You can read it here - "A Little Something Every Day."  What I loved about this transparent post was how she shared that she always wanted to be creative, but she just would play. She thought that she was not a creative person. A friend opened her eyes when he told her "Of course you're creative. You admire creative people and love creative things so much - you're just scared to try."

Oh wow, how true is that? How many of you are scared to try something? Failure rears it's very ugly head, especially when we seek the approval of others. So what does it mean to try your wings? What will it matter if you try something and it doesn't work?? What if it does work?

When you have something that is floating around in your head, how do you translate it? We are not all artists who can draw and paint and put what is in your head on paper. But yet, sometimes there is a little something that lingers.

Tell me what you think. Are you creative?

2 comments:

Helenchaffin said...

About 30 years later I was as in my 60's before I got brave enough to learn to paint 🤣

Robin said...

I have always felt like I was creative. Learning something new is often much more difficult than we expect. I remember years ago taking tole painting classes and crying over my homework because I couldn't make a decent comma stroke. I finally mastered it but it was hard.