Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Dear Miss Rosie

It all happened so innocently. That really does happen you know. You see, I saw these beautiful fat quarters at my Local Quilt Shop. There were three sitting together. As a matter of fact, if you want to see them together, I posted about them on Saturday.

I thought the fabrics were so beautiful and the ONE bolt that I did look at said "Sunkissed". So I just ASSUMED they ALL were Sunkissed, as all the bolts were displayed together.

So Saturday I write up my post, and send it out into blog land, only to have a very kind soul send me an email stating that the first fabric was NOT Sunkissed.

WHAT!!! Oh no!!! What is it! This GORGEOUS piece of fabric has to have a name! And I MUST find out what it is.

So yesterday, I went back to my Local Quilt Shop, because you see, I wanted MORE of this delicious fabric.

And then I saw it. It was YOU, Miss Rosie. How could I have made such an error. I feel so badly that I did not give YOU (and carrie) the well deserved credit for this GORGEOUS FABRIC. And it does have a name. It's FRESH PALETTE. Oh how appropriate. So fresh, so lovely, so... so.... GORGEOUS!

I am groveling now Miss Rosie. Can you (and carrie) ever forgive me for such a dastardly mistake? Carrie is such a giving, generous Quilt designer and I feel like such a heel not giving her (and you) the proper credit for this amazing fabric.

And one other question. Is it all right with you if I integrate your GORGEOUS fabric with a few of your friends??

One more little note. I went online to see if I could pull up a website, and it looks like this fabric is not readily available. I found it on lilybellsquilts esty and at my local Quilt Shop's online store.

Have a perfectly wonderful Quilting Day!

32 comments:

Julia said...

These really are beautiful!!!

Impera Magna said...

I loved the rose fabric on sight and went looking for it as "Sunkissed" with no luck. Off to see what I can find now... it's so beautiful!

Barb said...

You are right that fabric is fabulous!!

Anonymous said...

Very pretty fabric indeed....nice to see they all play well together. :0)

Val said...

Oh I love them too. I am not good with the names of fabrics but I know what I love.

Crispy said...

No matter what name you gave it, it's beautiful!! I can hardly wait to see what you make from it :0)

Crispy

JoAnn ( Scene Through My Eyes) said...

Pretty pretty - so springy. Love the post.

Sharrieboberry said...

Very pretty! I'll have to check out my LQS!

Darlene said...

Cute note to Miss Rosie - I can assure you that she and Carrie will forgive your faux pax. :-) Fresh Palette is a delightful line.

~Niki~ said...

glad you could find it.
i'm looking for a fabric now that has been discontinued and anyone who has yardage of it is charging like 35 a yard~crazy. IMO that is MURDER LOL.
I mean, there's a demand, but that's ridiculous. glad i found your blog!

Four dogs and one quilter said...

All those fabrics looks wonderful together. Thanks for letting me know about Fresh Palette, will look for it at my LQS.

beth said...

Beautiful fabric! I think you did a great job giving credit where credit is due with this fun post!

antique quilter said...

omg this fabric is beautiful
I need some too, thanks for showcasing it and yes you made me laugh!!!!
carrie is just so sweet how could she not forgive you!
Kathie

Carol said...

Oh it's sooooooooo pretty...and I love how it all works together.

Anonymous said...

Teehee! Loved your humorous post this morning...those fabrics are lovely!
Jacque in SC
quiltnsrep(at)yahoo(dot)com

Carrie said...

Too too funny. Yes. To all of the above.

You're forgiven. You can definitely integrate. (I love Sunkissed too.) In fact, I love the group you've put together -- good job with that! (And just because they were all together at the LQS doesn't mean you don't get all the credit for recognizing how lovely the group was!)

I look forward to seeing what you make with your oh-so-pretty fat quarters. :)

Rosie
(Carrie would comment too but she's supposed to be making flying geese.)

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

Joslyn you are a doll. We all make mistakes...I make them all the time. I saw some fabric called, The Bees Knees, and thought it was Kaffe or Brandon's work....guess I need to go back to fabric school too :)

Hugs,
Kelly

Carrie P. said...

I thought that was part of the line that I had not seen yet. Oh well, it is delicious.

A Plain Path said...

Beautiful fabric and I'm sure you are forgiven. :-)

Linda said...

LOL! I know she'll forgive you because she is a very forgiving person!! And yes beautiful fabric.

Allie said...

Oops! LOL - hey, it happens! That fabric really is too, too lovely. It has a very romantic, vintage feel - I love it!

Johanna Gehrlein said...

Hello,
I don't know anything about the fabric designers, but that is for true: all this patters are really delightful. I imagine a lot of wonderful things, you will do with them.
Best greetings, Johanna

Talin's Corner said...

They are very pretty fabrics. Enjoy them!

2ne said...

Lovely fabrics - it makes you in great mood :-)

SewCalGal said...

What a cute post. Yummy fabric too.

SewCalGal
www.sewcalgal.blogspot.com

Kathy said...

Love the fabric - fits the name! Beautiful selection of patterns, looking forward to seeing your work,
Kathy

Kim D. said...

Cute post and Gorgeous fabrics! I love that Robyn Pandolph fabric there as well, it fits in perfectly. Are you stitching yet? :^)

Sparky said...

ohhh such an honest mistake...but beautiful it is Jocelyn...I just completed a quilt using all of her fabric collection...it really is my fav to date...and your selection blend very well together..I am sure she would love the party of colors

bj said...

GOOD GRIEF...these are all so so pretty.
Well, you've done it. I have been kicking around the idea of making a king size quilt for my bed and these fabrics made the decision much easier for me. :) I would LOVE to have such pretty fabrics. All with all things I attempt to do, I have to do it slowly...living on Social Security limits my buying power BIG TIME.
But, I can buy a little at a time...
I don't know how to make quilts very well so I will probably do a nine patch. I can handle those. I will have to quilt it on my mom's olden Singer and that always hurts. My arms hurt, my fingers hurt, my back hurts and my FEELINGS hurt. :)))
Thanks for the inspiration...
xo bj

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

I'm not sure if my comment is going to post twice or not, but I love your fabric.

Heartsdesire said...

Love the Carrie Nelson fabric so much that I bought a "Fresh Palette" kit from the Fat Quarter Shop. All the fabrics in this collection are wonderful. The pattern is quite simple and measures 83 3/4 x 95 inches. Not sure if they have anymore kits but you could try. They may have some yardage.

Becky said...

LOL:) Great post!