Friday, April 22, 2011

Emergency Kit

Late last summer I received a lovely package from Carrie P. If you don't know her, you must visit her blog A Passion for Applique. Carrie creates some very beautiful applique quilts.

Carrie sent this cheerful little pouch.

Don't you just love the pretty red and white fabrics??

I thought about how to use this cute pouch. With my upcoming trip to Quilt City USA, I thought it would make a great portable case for the essentials.

Not that I am planning on doing any quilting, but if something were to come up, it would be great to have an emergency kit, you know just in case :-)

I decided to add a little sleeve inside the case for a small pair of scissors.

I was able to sew the seam lines in the ditch so it does not even show from the top side.

There is plenty of room inside the case for a small cutting board and two acrylic rulers.

A small skein of thread fits right inside the smallest rotary cutter.

Needles, pins and a wooden presser complete the emergency kit.

All ready to go :-)

Thanks Carrie! My charming little case will be very useful for many other occasions too.

Happy Quilting!

16 comments:

Stray Stitches (Linda G) said...

The pouch makes a perfect place to store all of the essentials while you travel. Have a great trip!

Cathy said...

So many wonderful uses for the pouch. You have good friends. Have a wonderful trip. Hugs.

Lady of the Cloth said...

What a cute little pouch, I can see so many uses for it. Good friend you have!

Impera Magna said...

Oh, how darling... and so useful too! I love it!!!

Talin's Corner said...

What a wonderful pouch.

Glenna @ Hollyhock Quilts said...

Now how cool is that??!!

Calamity Jane's Cottage, Bonnie said...

Have a great trip and what a cute pouch. Carrie is so talented and you've put it to good use.

Allie said...

That is so darling, what a beautiful way to keep your stuff handy!

Barb said...

What a lovely pouch and great idea to use it for your essentials!

Carol said...

What a wonderful pouch and a perfect use for it!
Enjoy your trip!

Cheryl said...

That's a great pouch and so perfect for travel!! Love the fabrics.

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

I really like the ER kit....went over to Carrie's blog....want to follow so I see more of her fun work....no follow button. Booo hooo....I do do reader...just on my blog thing on my dashboard....cuz I'm a ding dong and don't know how to do the other :)

Kelly

Crispy said...

You have put good use to the cute case Carrie made you. It is good that you are prepared, this is important for a quilter who is going to see so much inspiration :0)

Crispy

Mary on Lake Pulaski said...

No one should leave home without that emergency kit! The only difference is that YOU have the cute case from Carrie!

Gmama Jane said...

I am in love with that little pouch!! The colors are so springy and your additions made it perfect! I'll have to check out her blog
Happy Easter
Blessings
Gmama jane

Kim Walus said...

I have a very similar pattern at Moda Bake Shop that I designed nearly 2 years ago if anyone needs a pattern for this pouch. Here's the link http://www.modabakeshop.com/2009/05/bookkeeper.html