Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Not a quilt post, but........

I am back from Girlfriend land :-) How fun it is to have time to spend with your BFF, especially when she lives over 1000 miles away. It's just sad that we did not have more days to spend together.

Just a glimpse of our fun time together -

I drove down to Naples to pick her up from her parents condo.

There is such a beautiful view of the woods from the condo.

My friends sweet Mom took us all out to a delightful English Tea room.


How fun to enjoy a girly Tea/Lunch in such a beautiful place.

And then we headed north, but you know what?? It did not take nearly as long for us to drive back as it did for me to drive down. I wonder why that is???

Aside from the time we had to catch up, we carved out a little time to visit one of my favorite Quilt shops. But I'll save that for the next post :-)

Enjoy your quilting day :-D

7 comments:

Cheryl's Teapots2Quilting said...

My BFF of over 30 years lives 1200 miles away, and she really needs me right now, and I can't go. Waa! Glad you got time with your friend. It is so important.

Denise :) said...

Oh what fun!! Your girly tea shop looked like a beautiful place for lunch! Glad you enjoyed it immensely! :)

sunny said...

Beautiful! I've only been to a proper Tea one time, but I loved every minute of it. Must get to another, soon.

IHaveANotion ~ Kelly Jackson said...

You can just stop posting those photos right now!!! I'm telling ya they are killing me. Flordia is beautiful and those photos are so inviting....and here I am in OH....ya gotta give a girl a break!
Giggles,
Kelly

Unknown said...

There is a shop like that in a little town near where I used to live and I loved going there for lunch with girlfriends too.
I'll bet there was a lot of two women talking at the same time...

Anonymous said...

It must have been pretty special..yes I know those times when you are with someone special..it is like breathing the pure air of heaven and your sure dont want to come back down to the ordinary in a hurry. Those rarified moments are precious.

Allie said...

That looks absolutely gorgeous - I could live in that room, lol!