Monday, October 31, 2011

Sweet Goodness


My daughter makes this yummy dessert recipe. With the holidays very soon upon us, this is one recipe you will want to try. This is almost like a pumpkin pie cobbler. Serve it warm from the oven with a scoop of vanilla ice cream.

Pumpkin Pie Cake

Ingredients:
2 (15 oz) can canned pumpkin puree
1 (12 fluid oz) can evaporated milk
3 eggs
1 cup white sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
4 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice
1 (18.25 oz) package yellow cake mix
3/4 cup butter
1 cup chopped nuts

Directions
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Lightly grease one 9 x 13 pan
2 In a large bowl, combine pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, salt and pumpkin pie spice. Mix well. Pour batter into the prepared pan.
3. Sprinkle the dry cake mix evenly over the pumpkin mixture. Melt butter and drizzle over the cake mix. Sprinkle nuts over the top.
4. Bake 55 to 60 minutes or until done.

I hope you enjoy it as much as we do.

Joining Karen at Sew Darn Crafty


11 comments:

Carol said...

OH that sounds wonderful! YUMMERS!

Abby and Stephanie said...

Yum!

sunny said...

Looks yummy! I'll try this soon.

Dirt Road Quilter said...

Looks and sounds scrumptious! Pinning and baking for the holidays...and church...and the neighbors...

Cyndi said...

I love just about anything with pumpkin. It will be nice to have a new recipe to try for the holidays. Thanks so much for sharing! :o)

XOXO,

Cyndi

Snoodles said...

Mmmm, now I'm hungry! LOL Sweets and stuff are my downfall...I think I shall *have* to try this one!

John'aLee said...

That sounds divine. I just might have to try it!

Carrie P. said...

oooo!!! yum! that looks like a good recipe to use pumpkin in.

Denise :) said...

Wow, that looks really delish!!! :)

very merry vintage style said...

This sounds really yummy. Great for thanksgiving dessert! Thanks for linking up to Share the Love Wednesday!
Mary

Lee Prairie Designs said...

Looks yummy!!!! I am new at your blog and I will visit you again soon. :)

Carolyn