Friday, April 27, 2012

Granny Square quilt

There has been a Granny Square quilt rage going on lately. I love this pattern and had bookmarked the Blue Elephant Stitches tutorial.

But I kept thinking............. this quilt looks SO familiar to me.

And then I remembered!!!

My daughter had bought a very old quilt at an antique shop a couple of years ago. So I dug it out. The design is laid out differently but I think it is the same pattern block. It looks different using the white in the center.




There is a damaged block that was replaced with a piece of muslin.

I'm not sure that I can replace the damaged block. But it might be worth trying.

·.·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.·-¦-·.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.·´¯`·.,¸¸,.·.·

I would like to express my thanks to each one of you that sent words of comfort and encouragement during this time of loss to our family. We appreciated your thoughts, prayers and gentle words. You have ministered to us as we have walked through these sad days.

10 comments:

Carol said...

I like it with white in the center. You can totally make a replacement block, it's a super easy block to make. You'll just have a challenge of matching the colors.

Susan said...

My next quilt will have white borders around the blocks--such a clean, crisp look that is timeless.

Lane said...

Just a thought, but would it be easier to applique squares to that piece of muslin than to try to take it out and repair it? I have a few to repair, but none that have had the damage spot retired that way, tho I've heard of it done often. Lane

Heartsdesire said...

How lucky you are to have found this beautiful old quilt. I love the Granny Square block and how so many people in blog land are making this quilt. Everyone has a different interpretation of it. I'm definitely going to try one, but have to finish a few other things before I start.

Lisa Marie said...

Lovely Antique quilt.I love my "little" Granny Square quilt and would love to make a larger one now

Val said...

Beautiful quilt! Still praying for you and your family.

barb's creations said...

How about leaving it with the plain muslin square and using it to write down all the information you know about the quilt eg: where it was found,who it was found by,what year etc.... :) Barb.

Allie said...

I really like Barb's suggestion. What a beautiful quilt! I'm keeping you in my prayers, hon.

A Colorful World said...

It's a wonderful antique quilt! I know you are so happy to have it.

Amy, a redeemed sheep said...

What a great quilt! I like it with the white center. So pretty....